A project of this magnitude makes everyone curious. From local municipal government, small businesses, suppliers, and our neighbours in surrounding communities to world-celebrated scientists, we’ve got so much to share. A few of our key principles:
- Our team are proven mission leaders. We’re passionate about doing things right because we’re not only building a commercial spaceport. We have a big vision with an exponential opportunity, and we’re the right people to make it happen.
- As a hub of activity and learning, we will inspire and embrace the next generation of innovators. Designed by Architecture49, our facility will include a visitor and educational centre to welcome students, tourists, and community members keen to discover the science of space and explore career opportunities in STEM and aerospace.
- We’ll always be transparent. It may be ‘rocket science’, but we’re open to questions and will always do our best to help everyone understand how the spaceport will operate for positive impact.
- We will be best-in-class environmental stewards. We are designing our facility, operations procedures, processes, and materials in that spirit.
- For Canada to become a launching state in the global space economy, we are collaborating across many departments and levels of government—and communities—and set a high precedent for how we work. Maritime Launch is proud to be a founding member of Space Canada, a national industry association of Canada’s leading space innovators.
Through our construction and operation, we are required to meet federal and provincial regulations that protect the surrounding environment, from safety practices to ongoing community consultation. We’ve established a community liaison committee and we are committed to engaging with local residents, elected officials, and the Mi’kmaq.
Current Status of Site Activity: Maritime Launch is currently undertaking geotechnical work on the site of Spaceport Nova Scotia. We have received the necessary approvals from the Government of Nova Scotia, and we expect that it will take approximately four weeks to complete the scope of work. If you have any questions, we invite you to get in touch.